1. Definition of Personal Information
In this Policy, the term "Personal Information" means "Personal Information" as defined in Article 2.1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, "Act"), including information entrusted to us by any User whereby such User can be identified.
2. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
We will not use Personal Information beyond the scope of the purposes notified to Users at the time of acquisition of Personal Information from the Users or the following purposes (collectively "Utilization Purposes") without the consent of the Users.
- To provide the Services and to communicate and provide information on various matters.
- To research and analyze the usage of the Services.
- To improve and enhance the Services and to develop new services.
- To survey the level of satisfaction with the Services.
- To statistically process the acquired information, aggregate it, and publish it as survey results.
- To request cooperation in surveys, to provide invitations to various events, and to report their results.
- To resolve problems in the operation of the Services.
- To confirm the identity of Users in relation to the use of the Services.
- For any other purposes incidental to the Utilization Purposes above.
We may provide Personal Information received from Users to third parties or disclose such Personal Information to the public within the scope of the purpose of statistical analysis, including analysis of gender distribution, preference distribution, and usage history, after making such Personal Information into statistical information whereby any individual cannot be identified or which cannot be restored so that an individual can be identified.
3. Acquisition, Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will properly obtain Personal Information without deception or any other wrongful means.
Except in the following cases, we will not disclose Personal Data (as defined in Article 2.6 of the Act, "Personal Data") to any third party beyond the scope necessary to achieve the Utilization Purposes without the User's consent.
- In accordance with laws and regulations.
- In cases where is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the person whose information is concerned would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
- In cases where is a need to protect life, body or assets of the User or other person, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person whose information is concerned.
- In cases where is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person whose information is concerned.
- In cases in which our business succession involving provision of Personal Information is caused by a merger, company split, business transfer, or other reasons.
- In cases in which Personal Data is provided accompanied by entrusting a whole or part of the handling of the Personal Data within the scope necessary to achieve the Utilization Purposes.
- In cases of joint utilization in accordance with the Act.
- Any other cases permitted by law.
If we provide information related to Personal Information (as defined in Article 26-2.1 of the Act) to any third party and if such third party is expected to obtain such information related to Personal Information as Personal Data as defined in the Act, then we will confirm that the appropriate consent of the User whose information is concerned has been obtained to allow such third party to acquire such information related to Personal Information as Personal Data whereby such User is identified.
Upon request from the User, we will disclose the information which has been recorded when we have provided the User's Personal Data to a third party. However, this does not apply to the information prescribed by cabinet order as likely to harm the public or other interests if its presence or absence is made known.
We will jointly use the Personal Data of Users with the third parties within the following scope.
- Personal Data items to be jointly used
Information registered in connection with using the Services, including, name, address, date of birth, age, sex, telephone number, e-mail address, and wallet address
- Scope of parties for joint use
The parties for joint use are as follows:
- Mobile Factory, Inc.
- BlockBase, Inc.
- Utilization Purposes of joint use
To perform the development, operation, and management of the Services and any other related tasks appropriately and smoothly
- Name of the person responsible for the management of Personal Data
Mobile Factory, Inc.
- Personal Data items to be jointly used
4. Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
To the extent necessary to achieve the Utilization Purposes, we may outsource all or part of the Personal Information acquired from Users to subcontractors. In such cases, we will thoroughly examine the eligibility of the subcontractors, stipulate confidentiality obligations in the contract with them, and establish a system to ensure that the information is properly managed.
5. Security Management of Personal Information
With respect to the handling of Users' Personal Information, we will continuously use our best efforts to improve our Personal Information management system for security management, including prevention of leakage, loss, damage, falsification, unauthorized and access concerning information. In addition, we will endeavor to keep Users' Personal Information as up-to-date and accurate as possible with their cooperation. We are limiting the number of employees who handle Personal Information to the extent necessary for the Utilization Purposes and have appointed a person responsible for the management of Users' Personal Information to ensure the necessary management and supervision.
6. Personal Information of Users who are 15 Years Old or Younger
We take the utmost care in handling the Personal Information of Users who are at the age of 15 or less, and such Users are required to provide their Personal Information only with the consent of their parents or guardians.
7. Request for Suspension of Use, Correction, Erasure or Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
If a User requests the disclosure, suspension of use, or erasure of Retained Personal Data in our possession and the suspension of use, correction, or erasure after disclosure, please inform us to that effect by contacting us (at the e-mail address for inquiries listed in Article 14 of this Policy). We will properly verify your identity, and then conduct disclosure, suspension of use, or erasure to a reasonable extent without delay. If any information concerned is found to be incorrect as a result, it will be corrected or deleted without delay. Please note that we may separately charge a reasonable fee in accordance with our rules.
8. Use of Cookie
- The Services use systems including Cookie, web beacons, and UID ("Cookie"). Through Cookie, we receive information on Users' access to the Services, information on browsing of the Services, and information on the terminals used by Users for the Services (including terminal types and OS versions). Such information received through Cookie ("Cookie Information") does not contain any information whereby Users can be independently identified and specified.
- If Cookie Information is associated with Users' Personal Information, or if Cookie Information and Personal Information are used together on our end, Cookie Information will also be considered as the Users' Personal Information.
- Users can set whether or not to allow the use of Cookie. However, if the use of Cookie is prohibited, Users might not be able to use the Services properly. If you do not wish to allow the use of Cookie, please change the setting of your browser.
- We will use Users' Cookie Information for improving convenience, for security purposes including maintaining and protecting Users' sessions, for considering new services, and for making the contents of our services more suitable for Users.
9. Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
If we receive any request from any User for disclosure of Retained Personal Data in accordance with the Act, we will, after verifying the User's identity, disclose such data to the User without delay (If the Retained Personal Data does not exist, we will notify the User to that effect.). However, this does not apply if we are not obligated to disclose such data under any laws or regulations including the Act. Please note that a fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosing Retained Personal Data.
10. correction, etc. of Retained Personal Data
If we receive any request for correction, addition, or erasure of Retained Personal Data ("Correction") from any User in accordance with the Act for the reason that the Retained Personal Data is not true, we will, after confirming the identity of the User, conduct necessary investigation without delay, correct the content of Retained Personal Data based on the results, and notify the User of such Correction, to the extent necessary to achieve our Utilization Purposes (If we decide not to make such Correction, we will notify the User to that effect.). However, this does not apply if we are not obligated to conduct such Correction under any laws or regulations including the Act.
11. Suspension of Use of Retained Personal Data
If we receive any request for suspension of use, or erasure, of Retained Personal Data ("Suspension") from any User on any of the grounds below, we will conduct necessary investigation without delay, conduct Suspension of Retained Personal Data based on the results in accordance with laws and regulations, and notify the User of such Suspension. However, if it is difficult to conduct Suspension of the use of Retained Personal Data including due to the significant amount of costs involved in such Suspension, and if any other alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the User is available, we will take such alternative measures.
- If Retained Personal Information is handled beyond the scope of the Utilization Purposes.
- If Retained Personal Data has been obtained by wrongful means.
- If Retained Personal Data is used in a manner that might encourage or induce illegal or unjust acts.
- If we no longer need to use Retained Personal Data.
- Leakage, loss, or damage of Retained Personal Data containing special-care-required Retained Personal Data ("Leakage") has, or has likely, occurred.
- If Leakage of Retained Personal Data that might cause property damage through its wrongful use has, or has likely, occurred.
- If Leakage of Retained Personal Data that might have been caused for wrongful purposes has, or has likely, occurred.
- If Leakage of Retained Personal Data concerning more than one thousand (1,000) Users has, or has likely, occurred.
- If the handling of such Retained Personal Data is likely to harm the rights or legitimate interests of Users.
12. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
In handling Users' Personal Information, we will comply with the relevant laws and regulations regarding the protection of Personal Information in Japan as well as our internal rules and regulations.
13. Our Address and the Name of our Representative
Our address and the name of our representative are as follows:
Our address: 2-8-5 Higashi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, 141-0022
Name of Representative: Yoshiaki Shiokawa
14. Contact Information
Please send requests for disclosure, opinions, questions, complaints, and/or any other inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information to the e-mail address below.
Division in charge of Personal Information, Bit Factory, Inc.
Established: July 6, 2020
Revised: April 20, 2022
Bit Factory, Inc.